Sunday, December 23, 2007

It burns, it BURNS!

During my sixth hour on Friday, some girl brought the mega sized pixi sticks--the ones made out of plastic and not paper because they're so big--to class for all the children.

In an effort to not completely kill the tangible sense of holiday cheer in the room, I looked the other way and let them suck down as much sugar as possible while taking their quiz on persuasive speaking. (For the record, there WAS a true/false question regarding the intelligence of all Asians.)

It's obvious now that I should have known better than to allow the mega pixis. I'm not sure how I missed the actual act of snorting, but when one of the boys in the back exclaimed, "It burns, it BURNS!" while blue colored snot poured out of his left nostril, eyes streaming with tears, stumbling towards me for a kleenex, I realized the complete and total error of my ways.

I did manage an almost straight faced "serves you right" before shoving the box of kleenex at him.

I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Happy happy holidays, friends.

No comments: