Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's over. So over.

What a big day.

I was a little worried at my defense when the first question one of the examining professors asked was if I could unpack "a bit" my "notion of third space" and expand on the ways in which I see teachers' monologic scripts butting up against students' counterscripts in class. At that point, the only option I felt available to me was to open my mouth and pray to God that something--anything, really-- would fly out of my mouth sounding smart.

65 minutes later, in what would prove to be the most anticlimactic moment of my graduate school career, I walked out of there with three passing signatures and a completed application to graduate. If all goes as it should, I'll officially graduate on January 31, 2008. I even turned in my library books and had the nice nerdy boy at the counter make sure I didn't have any outstanding books. Woot woot, people.

It's been a long, long road.

4 comments:

abigail emerson said...

Thanks for this very timely post! And congrats, for sure.

I hate the academic buzz-word term "unpack" so I would not have responded well to that question.

Katie said...

Congratulations! I'm jealous. So jealous.

KC said...

good work. excellent work.

Jackie said...

Congratulations. You needed to get to the MA lane. Oh wait, you didn't. I forgot we got that huge 1% raise.