Friday, July 3, 2009

The Big Stuff

It occurs to me that I posted about Dakota, Puppy Extraordinaire, but have failed to post about the other major life changing event of the summer.

Jim and I got married.

There's obviously much to say about that, and I'm sure I'll post some photos as soon as they're available, but at this point, the truest and simplest thing I can say about Jim and me finally being married is that it fills me with the most beautiful, quiet calm--an assurance I didn't know I was missing until it arrived.

We spent a week in Mazatlan right after the wedding--Dad let us stay at his private villa at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. For entertainment, we alternated between our own private pool and hot tub, the resort's pools (and swim-up bars), and, you know, the Pacific ocean. Rough, huh? Twice, Jim managed to pull me away from my agenda of nothing, followed up by nothing, to go into Old Town for awhile so we could get a small taste of real culture outside the resort.

It was perfect, perfect, perfect.
















No comments: