Friday, August 31, 2007

There is much to talk about

I know, I know, the ropes course. You're dying to know.

And I've been entirely absent from my blog for far too long. The problem with school starting is that it seems to consume my entire life--as though I have no recollection whatsoever of how to have both a job AND a life.

The fact that I really have no life came proof positive to me about five minutes ago, when my iPod shuffled randomly to "I'm a Lonely Jew" from South Park and I called KC in the room next door, held the phone up to the speaker, and laughed while she listened to that dumb song over the phone.

School starts in three short days, I barely have my syllabi and lesson plans done for day 1 (let alone 2 or 3 or 4 or 5), I have lists and lists of things left to do, I have boxes of unopened (and unbound, by the way) public speaking textbooks on my counter, and what am I doing? Calling KC to have her listen to my iPod with me over the phone.

For the love of God, people. I'm marking it as a new low.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm procrastinating too. There is so much to do for opening day that I'd rather read blogs. I think I'm in the denial stage of grief.