Sunday, November 4, 2007

Not my best night

Last night I was nearly killed when a large buck bounded across the median on Highway 7. It ricocheted off the minivan in the right lane back into the left lane where I was slamming on my breaks, before finally scampering off the road.

The deer hunting opener, coincidentally, was this weekend.

About forty-five minutes post Deer Incident, the waiter knocked over the candle on the table, spilling hot wax all over my sweater. I was assured that the restaurant would pay for my dry cleaning if, by chance, I couldn't get the wax out with a "simple application of ice."

It wasn't my best night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm telling you, the "application of ice" won't work...it will just make the wax wet. You need to put the whole sweater into the freezer, then I think the wax should come off.

Maggie said...

At least it was a deer. You could have had this happen: http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14523968/detail.html

Rachel said...

qOkay, so I misspelled brakes. Ugh.