Monday, April 30, 2007

Why does the computer lady hate me?

I'm two hours and twenty five minutes into my work week, and I'm already depressed that it's only Monday, feel completely hopeless at the realization that there are still 27 long days until the end of the school year, and realize that I completely and totally understand why 50% of teachers leave in their first five years in the profession. If one more child whines to me about their blog assignment, I may have to shoot myself.

Admittedly, part of my bad attitude is brought on by the fact that the computer lady in the media center hates me. Actually hates me. I'm not sure what I ever did to her (besides back up a kid of mine when she made him cry after falsely accusing him of ripping keys off a computer keyboard) but she actively dislikes me. She erases my name from the computer sign out and puts other people in the lab, tells the librarian that my kids are misbehaving and not storing the laptops correctly and neatly, and generally is rude, cold, and...well...MEAN to me. This makes blogging in the computer lab on Mondays less fun than it should be.


On a side note, the presentations at MCTE this past weekend were great...though I did puke three times from the food. Once in a garbage can. For the record, there's no dignity in that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharks are fn scary.

Rachel said...

The kids call that mean computer lady "Jaws" because she needs some orthodontia. The visual was more than I could pass up.