Monday, September 10, 2007

The Dentist

Nice Dental Hygienist: "So...you're STILL teaching...how's that going?"

Me (in the two seconds I had between cleaning): "Good. Really good. I love it."

Nice Dental Hygienist: "Yeah...summer's off...I just don't know how you do it."

Me: blank stare

NDH: "I mean, don't you get bored?"

Me: "Bored?"

NDH: "Yeah, day after day of nothing to do. Isn't it hard?"

Me: "No. It's unbelievably easy."

A teeth cleaning, flossing, and forty five minutes later:

NDH (reading my chart): "Wow...looks like the first time I saw you was in 1989. I wrote that you were such a nice little patient."

I just tried to smile and thank her and tried to get on my way, particularly since visions of what I looked like circa 1989 came dancing through my head...yet again.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I just couldn't bear to actually post that picture again. Sorry folks.

Maggie said...

Is that because you saw it so much last week in your "welcome to my class" slideshow?

Rachel said...

Yes, that is precisely why, actually.

Unknown said...

You finally went to the dentist? Good for you! Did you have Nancy? For some reason I always want to call her Ann when I see her. I like her a lot.