Saturday, September 8, 2007

Old Friends

Last night I had dinner with a group of friends who I have known longer than I haven't.

Tonight I went out with friends from Olaf who I lived with for four years.

There is much to be said for surrounding yourself with friends who know you that well--who know all your stories and all your quirks and all your annoying habits; who know what you're like every early morning and late night of the week. These people were good therapy for me.

Good friends, good wine, and some very good laughs, can remind you of who and what you really are.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Speaking of Olaf . . . when I went down there yesterday, I accidently knocked on our old door instead of Suzie's. It's like I'm magnetically drawn to 154.

Becca said...

Cheers Rach. It's good to be back. :)

abigail emerson said...

Suzie lives on your floor in Kittelsby? Weird to think about.

Rachel said...

Not only does she live on our floor, she lives right next door to where we lived freshman year. And two doors down from where Cyndy lived her freshman year. It's crazy.