Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Highlight

I think the highlight of the first two days of school was when a particularly delightful and charming senior paused on his way out of my room after public speaking today.

He half turned, paused, and said, "I think this class is going to be good."

I looked up at him, "You think?"

And he grinned and said, "Yeah, you know, I really think it could be something special."

I'm not sure I agree with him--I mean, Public Speaking can be a lot of things, but "special" wouldn't be the first word I'd choose--but for the time being, he is SO my favorite student.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Has the new bunch of public speakers taken to erasing the "L" in public yet?

Rachel said...

Thankfully, they haven't picked up on that one yet. I'm sure it won't be long, though...

Jackie said...

I was a little nervous to click on the "charming senior" link. I thought, god, did you take a photo of some kid at school to post on your blog. Dr. Burke would be so upset. But then I cracked up that the Pubic Speaker was just referred to with the definition of brown noser.