Friday, October 26, 2007

The Pups

Yesterday, a girl in my first hour class told me about two 7 week old black lab puppies she rescued. She was desperately trying to find a home for the two of them and was wondering if I was interested.

Uh-huh.

She had a girl and a boy; the girl was all black and the boy had some white on his chest, the tips of his feet, and the end of his tail.

She brought them to my fourth hour prep so I could visit with them to see if I would "like them."

Yep.

Jim said no. KC said unequivocally no. I realize that all logic and reason and rational thought screams no. But really, what am I supposed to do, exactly, about how cute that little boy puppy was when he climbed into my lap, licked my chin, and fell asleep next to my cheek?

I've been pining away for them for over 24 hours. This could get ugly, people.

No comments: